Hay hay… It’s me Tobi. Finally I have free time to write on the medium. After all this time I was busy with many activities such as learning activities in campus, student organizations and the most scary was completing my thesis :’)… But yess! I finished it last September and I will graduate this October. Also, Lately I get a lot of clients for freelance projects from Australia, USA and of course Indonesia, such as web development, logo design and the most certainly is a UI / UX job yeayyy!
Anw, I will evaluate the mobile application in the company where I work now. Yappp… I work at Angsur as a Lead UI/UX. Angsur is an Islamic financial technology start-up which offers the experience “buy the product now, pay later” by giving consumer product microlending to undergraduate students.
Based on Angsur user respondents in the Playstore column, Evaluation of Angsur mobile application needs to be done because there are still deficiencies in the apps such as features that are still not in accordance with the user’s wishes, thus maked users less satisfied using the application. Also, Evaluation of an application needs to be done continuously, because the users demands comfort and continuity in a system. If this is not met, then the user doesn’t want to use the application and switch to another application.
- Effective: product must be able to assist users in achieving the intended use of the product.
- Easy to learn: product must be easy to learn by users.
- Easy to use: product must be able to be easily used by users.
Design Thinking has become a popular concept or methodology that has been favored by many people in recent years. Design Thinking will be a concept or methodology that is needed for now and later. Design Thinking is essential to humans as the center of the development process that emphasizes observation, collaboration, fast learning, visualization of ideas, rapid concept prototyping and business analysis that greatly influences innovation. Design Thinking is also explained as a methodology that in solving problems is always with a Human Oriented approach. it can be concluded that Design Thinking can be used as a relevant methodology, and can be used as a method of developing product innovation. So that I can explore interesting ideas through Design Thinking that reconstructs thinking styles and becomes a new breakthrough in making innovative products. This is expected to be a solution to solving the problem.
The first stage is Empathize (empathy) which is considered as the core of the human-centered design process, this stage aims to understand the user in the context of the product being designed. This stage begins with the problem assumption, which is to make a problem assumption for the existing product.
- Simulasi Pembiayaan Page still confusing and isn’t clear.
- Pengiriman Page isn’t responsive.
- Home Page isn’t clear and consistent.
- Data Profile Page make a headache.
I didn’t explain in detail about any problems that exist in the existing product, based on the assumption of course. But the point is like that. Anw, Assuming the problem can be true or false, therefore it is necessary to carry out the next stage of validation using the usability testing method.
In this case study, Usability Testing method will be used to validate and identify what problems are found in the product.
How many respondents will be used? Only 5? The answer is no :D.. actually depends on the needs of each company. yapp..this case is indeed a lot of difference about how many users. But, I will use 15 respondents because 15 respondents will find problems as much as 97% and 5 respondents will find problems as much as 86%. yes … it’s a little different :D. Anw, The usability testing process consists of several stages of the process:
1. Determine what will be evaluated
2. Preparing a scenarios
- UT01: Anda adalah seorang mahasiswa. Anda ingin membeli buku, namun uang anda tidak cukup. Angsur dapat membantu anda membelikan buku tersebut. Namun anda belum mempunyai akun Angsur. Silahkan buat akun terlebih dahulu.
- UT02: Anda telah mengisi data profile anda. Namun saat ini alamat anda bukan rumah lagi. Anda saat ini indekos. silahkan ganti alamat rumah anda menjadi alamat indekos.
- UT03: Beberapa waktu lalu, anda telah membuat akun di aplikasi Angsur. Silahkan login ke akun anda.
- UT04: Anda telah login di aplikasi angsur. Anda ingin membeli Iphone dengan cara mengangsur di Angsur. Silahkan gunakan aplikasi Angsur ini untuk mengajukan angsuran Iphone kamu.
- UT05: Anda telah mengajukan Angsuran. Silahkan gunakan aplikasi ini untuk mengecek status pengajuan Angsuran anda telah diterima atau belum.
- UT06: Pengajuan Angsuran anda telah di setujui dan barang angsuran sudah anda terima. Hari ini adalah waktunya melakukan pembayaran Angsuran bulan ini. Silahkan gunakan aplikasi ini untuk upload bukti pembayaran angsuran anda bulan ini.
- UT07: Anda adalah pengguna lama aplikasi. Anda ingin tahu Angsuran yang telah anda selesaikan. Silahkan gunakan aplikasi ini untuk melihat angsuran anda yang telah selesai.
- UT08: Anda telah selesai menggunakan aplikasi ini. Untuk menjaga kerahasiaan akun anda. anda ingin keluar dari aplikasi. Silahkan gunakan aplikasi ini untuk melakukan hal tersebut.
3. Looking for Respondents
The respondents used were students who had never used the application, not active users gradually. So, determination of respondents using purposive sampling technique, which is a sampling technique by determining certain criteria. The criteria used in this study are active students who use Android-based smartphones, are familiar with mobile applications and have shopped online in e-commerce.
The photo above was taken while doing usability testing of existing products :D
To measure the success of feature testing and to know the effective aspects, Usability Testing on Angsur products uses the Completion Rate as a Success metric. The following is the result:
- Green: Success
- Red: Failed
Then we need to calculate the effectiveness of the usability value of the eight features tested. Here is the calculation formula.
Doesn’t feel like I’ve written this much. Kidding, I’ve summarized it. I apologize if there are several Indonesian languages. If you don’t understand or want to ask deeper, feel free to contact me. I will continue to write this UX case study. see you in the next article….